Friday, September 30, 2011

Stay the Course

Five years and four months ago I was laid off from Cingular Wireless - after the merge with AT&T Wireless. I cried. I loved my job and I loved the corporate world. But I tried some new things...real estate agent, English teacher in Mexico, government worker in Oregon...and then I came home to Seattle, looking for another job in the corporate world.

That was one year, four months, and two weeks ago - May 15, 2010.

And today I am soooo happy to report that my eight-month contract job at Nintendo's headquarters that morphed into a nine-month contract job that then morphed into a ten-month contract job has now turned into a PERMANENT corporate position – effective today! I am now an official employee in the Legal Department at Nintendo of America...and I am so glad my job search is over.

The moral of this story is: stay the course. Nothing worth having comes easily.

3 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Congratulations. Sitka and Jiggs are smiling on you.

Anonymous said...

good point-i will have to tell my son to stay the course. again, congratulations-you so deserve to have gotten this position. i see a trip to japan in your future.

teresa

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Steve, Teresa & David - yesterday was a blast...my manager had a bag o' goodies, donuts, a balloon and a card for me for my "first day." It was great and I am so thankful to have a permanent job!