Thursday, February 11, 2010

St. Valentine’s Day Auction

The 3rd fundraiser for my office is an auction! I asked everyone in the office to donate an item to be auctioned to raise money for the Food Drive. Today at noon we will have an auction at the conference table.

Initially, I asked for “sweet treats” like cookies, cupcakes, brownies...but when one person brought in a can of crisp okra pickles I opened up the auction to include anything. With that option, another person brought in a window bird feeder + seed and a second person brought in a beautifully wrapped “mystery item.”

Plus, Betty whipped up a yummy heart-shaped triple-layer chocolate cake with chocolate filling, crème frosting, covered with red sprinkles and those crazy heart-shaped candies with little messages on them. And Ron created a carrier for the cake so it doesn't get squished.

Not to be outdone, Mike stayed up late last night baking double chocolate, chocolate chip cookies! And Mike will be our auctioneer!!

I brought my camera and intend to take lots of pics. Check back to see how we did! (p.s. That window bird feeder would go perfectly on the window at my desk...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my God! i would have paid a fortune for that cake. i was salivating as i read about it. can you tell i'm a chocoholic? how much did it go for?

have a great 3 day weekend. we have 4 days off and i am very ready for it.

teresa

Ron and Betty said...

Good Job you guys! I saw Mike and he looked handsome - I'll bet it was a blast! Can't wait for your pictures!
Ron & Betty

1st Mate said...

Happy Valentine's Day to the sweetest pair of lovebirds I know!