Friday, February 26, 2010

Governor’s Challenge

What’s the Governor’s Challenge??? It’s our 6th fundraiser. The Governor challenged Oregon state employees to each donate or pledge at least $144 during the Governor’s State Employees Food Drive. And he makes it easy for us to meet the challenge through a one-time payroll deduction, a monthly payroll deduction of at least $12 per month (for one year), or a one-time cash donation. At the end of the Food Drive, those individuals who meet the Governor’s Challenge will be recognized.

So I challenged each employee in my office to live without $12 each month and meet the Governor’s Challenge.

Today is the final day of the Food Drive. This weekend I will be counting the coins and bills from our Change for Food jar, adding in the donations from the St. Valentine’s Day Auction, the $10 Challenge and the Governor’s Challenge – then I will weigh all the food collected at the office, convert the weight to a dollar amount and come up with a grand total for our office’s contribution to the Marion-Polk Food Share (food bank). I’ll have a $ number some time this weekend…

1 comment:

Steve Cotton said...

ARGH! I meant to stop by before I left to put some money in the jar. I even forgot to deposit a check in the bank. Ah, well. April will soon be here -- and I will be there.