Monday, December 3, 2007

VERY Rainy Day

Wow! For those of you who haven't heard, we had a LOT of rain here today - over 4" so far in Seattle.

But what a wonderful day for packing, sorting and throwing stuff out. Mike was napping so it was so much easier to throw things out without telling him! He wants to keep everything and I am just the opposite. We have a friend that lives on a sailboat and she told me how "freeing" it was for her to scale down and simplify...now I understand what she was talking about. Thanks Ann!

And I took down all of our clocks. Have you ever lived without a clock on the wall in every room? Now I find myself looking up for the time and the time is not there. Oh well. As Jimmy Buffett sings, "Scales and clocks just can't be trusted..." Now I'm going to throw out the scale!

3 comments:

Paradox Smith said...

LORDIE!!! So - you guys are headed off for sunny Mexico to teach English, eh?? More power to you!!! You will be sorely missed as you have become friends to us over the many long years we've known each other. Miguel - if there is anything I can do to help you obtain your new adventure, let me know. Expedia was the best move I could have made, where as the move to Sammamish was a costly one and frankly, I can't stand the house we're in, but oh well. Sage just lost her 2 front teeth and LOVES kindergarten...unlike most kids, she gets mad when she's ready to go but the bus hasn't come yet. Anyway - PLEASE keep in touch and we'll continue to check your blogosphere. Mine is www.myspace.com/paradoxsmith. I try to update it sometimes, but it usually only gets new commentary and updates every month or so. Buenos Ayeres...or something. :)

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Como esta Bobby?
Good to hear from you.
Hope all is well for you and your family.
We have completed our first Spanish Certification and have one more course next month.
In Feberury we go to a class on how to actually teach English, WOW.
Then the house goes on th market and when it sells we we are gone.

Adios amigo for now.

Miguel & Cintia

Mark and Ann Overby said...

Glad to hear you are taking my advise and getting rid of stuff. It really does feel good, doesn't it? I haven't checked your website in awhile so just saw all your updates. Sounds like you are making some good progress! I'm happy for you two on setting out on a such an adventure.