Saturday, December 4, 2010

Flowers, Flowers, Everywhere

What a week! It was my first full week of working in over six months and I loved it. My brain is stuffed with new information and it needs this weekend to rest. But what a week...Dec 1st was my birthday and today is Mike’s and my 12th year wedding anniversary.

So back to the post title – I like having fresh flowers around me. They make me feel peppy and I love a good smelling flower. Right now our apt is full of flowers and I took some pics.


Two weekends ago Cheryl and Pat came over for the Birthday Feast and I put together this bouquet of dianthus. They look good bunched up and as you can see they last a long time.


And I know a poinsettia is not technically a flower, but they look so pretty that I call ‘em flowers.


Imagine my surprise when I went to work Wednesday morning and saw cookies and flowers on my desk at work - from my new boss. And there was a birthday card signed by my new team. Nice nod to the “new girl”.


And Mike surprised me with this beautiful bouquet. He talked to a florist we hadn't gotten flowers from before. They're called North Creek Florist, on the Bothell-Everett Highway and we are very impressed with the customer service and the lovely floral arrangement. Nice job, North Creek Florist!


So we have the little dianthus bouquet, the poinsettia, the roses from work, the birthday bouquet from Mike and when I got home Friday night, what did I see? These red holiday roses that Mike got for our anniversary. They are luscious! Thank you again, North Creek Florist.

Happy Anniversary, Mike!

4 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Oh how beautiful! Happy late Birthday to you and a Happy Birthday to Mike and also Happy Anniversary!! Wow! Lots of celebrations all together. Enjoy, looks like you are having happy days. Yay for that! Take care, enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

hi cynthia,

all of those flowers are beautiful-lucky lady! i love fresh flowers too!

it was great seeing you and mike yesterday! thanks for stopping by the dickens fair and for buying a plant. hope your friend likes it. i ended up making $205.00. for a while it looked like i wasn't going to sell much, but in the end, i sold 11 plants (that's 1/3 of what i had so not the greatest but better than nothing)and got some very nice donations, plus, i enjoyed the music, seeing friends and just hanging out.

going out to breakfast this morning then possibly to the NEX, other than that i will just relax.

have a great day!

teresa

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Thank you Glo and teresa! I'm having quite the party week. And teresa - glad to hear you had more sales after us!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Grasshopper! Dragon Slayer has been so busy trying to learn a new ninja tactic that she has not had any Internets time! :-( Boo! Miss you! Must make trip to Seattle within next three months. The Cynthia DTs are killing me!