Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lincoln City, Oregon




Mike and I were busy little bees on Friday and Saturday...dental and doc appointments, taking care of errands, shopping…and this morning we got up early and drove out to the coast to walk on the beach.

It’s about an hour drive from Salem to Lincoln City and we were there in no time. We stopped for breakfast and then we went to Roads End State Recreation Site. We held hands and walked along the water. The waves were breaking hard while the sun was trying to peek through the clouds. There were few people on the beach and it felt very peaceful.



It was a lovely way to wind down our weekend.

5 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Very nice. It's always good to get away from home for a little while. It's even better going home after a day out. I'm a homebody and I love being so, but I do enjoy getting out from time to time.Sounds like you had a very refreshing day. Now you go and have a great week.

Steve Cotton said...

I find myself enjoying Oregon through your eyes. Going to the beach was one of my favorite activities.

Linda Lou and Senor, Too said...

cynthia, love the photos. sometimes, i really do miss the pnw, especially when i see such pretty pictures. glad you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Hello Cynthia,

Wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blogs. I think about the fun we had working together. Hope you are doing well.

Tad

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

TAAAAAD....send me an email chizillin@att.net...we need to catch up!