Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mike's Health

I am a little late in posting this, but Mike had appointments with his neurologist and his primary care doctor last week. (Thank goodness Betty was able to drive Mike to his appointments - THANK YOU BETTY!)

And the news is good! His recent tests indicate that his body chemistry is all back to normal. He is feeling strong and eating well. He needs a CT Scan (Cat Scan) in the next couple of weeks and then another appointment with his neurologist to review the results. Unfortunately, Mike is a bit claustrophobic and he is not looking forward to the CT Scan. Poor guy…so many tests and pokes with needles. I’m still giving him vitamin B-12 injections and I just hate inserting that needle in his arm.

But at the end of the day I am much happier to have Mike sleeping in our bed instead of a hospital bed. And we are so lucky to have great medical insurance to help with the costs. Today is a day to be thankful.

9 comments:

Ron and Betty said...

You are Most Welcome! We are pleased to help anytime we can. Mike is doing so well. You overwhelm me with all your gratitude and gifts! We Love having you both here.

GlorV1 said...

I'm happy for you and yours. Keep up the good spirits.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Gracias, gracias amigas...

Steve Cotton said...

Good news, indeed. I look forward to seeing both of you in a couple weeks.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Thanks Steve! And we're looking forward to seeing you too...and getting the "real deal" on your adventure in Mexico.

Michael Dickson said...

Felicitaciónes. Tell Mike to just close his eyes during the CT scan and maybe he won´t notice he´s in a tight spot.

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Felipe - I've never heard that advise. I will pass it on to him. I made the appt for next Tuesday so we can just get it over with!

1st Mate said...

Cyn - I get claustrophobic in tight places too, and the thought that I wouldn't even be allowed to twitch just gives me shivers. But if he can close his eyes and try to meditate, take his mind to a different place (the beach at Miramar?) he might not be too uncomfortable. Tell him we're all thinking of him and glad he's doing so well.

canadiangrl said...

Truly wonderful news!

I feel that waiting or anticipating an appointment, results etc. can be one of the most difficult parts of the journey. As a health care professional, I remind myself daily.

I am so pleased to hear that Mike is doing well and that you have such great support from the people around you - Life is good! Take care.