Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lunch in Snohomish

Teresa from Lake Stevens and I decided to meet halfway, in Snohomish, for lunch on Saturday and what a lovely afternoon we had! We left the guys at home (hehe) and had a "girls only" outing.


We met at noon at El Paraiso, a good sized Mexican restaurant with delicious food. In fact, here's Teresa now.

We both decided on fish tacos and our waiter had a little fun with us. I asked what kind of fish was used in the fish tacos and he looked me straight in the eye and replied with a heavy accent, "guppy". It took me just a second to realize what he had said…hahaha, Victor! And then he clarified and said the fish was tilapia. While we waited for our lunch Teresa and I caught up with each other.

The topic of the day was unemployment. Teresa's youngest son is back home and still looking for a job. I explained how my Nintendo job is just temporary so I'm actually in the same boat as her son. I mentioned that ProLango Consulting was having another mixer on the 7th and she thought that was something from which her son might benefit. I'll have to check in to get his feedback about the event.


Our food came and it was hot, fresh and yummy! I found that I really like "guppy". Here we are with our funny waiter, Victor.


And we splurged and shared churros for dessert. Yum!

After lunch we strolled through downtown Snohomish, popping into one antique store after another. We were just window shopping…it's always fun to look and dream.

The last shop we stopped in wasn't an antique store, but one of those girly stores with all kinds of girly stuff like dinnerware, linens, clothes, household stuff. Teresa got a ceramic frog for her frog-collecting son.

And I got a surprise when I heard one of the store clerks and realized it was Shelly Dankenbring from high school! Well, actually Shelly reminded me that we met in junior high, yep, Alderwood Junior High. Oh, we yakked and yakked and had so much to talk about. Next Saturday I am tentatively meeting my girlfriends from high school in Snohomish (what a coincidence!) for lunch and I hope to bring them to Shelly's shop so we can all say hello. Hey, maybe she can even join us for lunch!

After that surprise Teresa headed home to Lake Stevens and me to Kenmore. But I just had to stop at the airport on the way to the freeway. It's something about small planes, I guess...


Here I am at Harvey Airfield. Hmmm…they also offer helicopter rides, hot air balloon rides, skydiving...now I really need a permanent job so I can have health insurance and I can take to the air at Harvey Airfield!!



Aren't they just so cute?

8 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

Sounds like you both had fun.
I am sure glad that Churros are not a "splurge" here lol or I would be broke !

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Hi Brenda - I should have clarified that our "splurge" was on our tummies, not our wallets. HA!

GlorV1 said...

How fun Cynthia. It's good to get away like that once in a while. Looks like the food was great too. Me, I'm afraid to fly. I'll never travel anywhere because of that fear. Have a great week. Fun post and great pix.

Anonymous said...

hi cynthia,

i commented first thing yesterday morning but for some reason it didn't go through. let me send this now to see if it works before writing a longer comment.

Anonymous said...

worked that time so let me try again with yesterday's comment. i started out by saying that i know i'm overweight but that the first picture adds about 10 lbs. to my face. guess i need to lay off the chips and churros. gosh those were good. best churros i've ever had in a restaurant!

i really enjoyed our get together and was happy the guys didn't join us after all. with them along we wouldn't have been able to do the window shopping and you wouldn't have run into sheryl. let's go to country village next time since neither of us has been there.

i took matt to the prolango get together and he made a lot of contacts. thanks again for telling me about it and if you hear of any job fairs, etc, please keep me posted. God willing he will get a job real soon.

well, i have lots to do this morning so i'd better sign off.

have a great hump day ;-)

teresa

Anonymous said...

Great Blog - great pictures.
You SHOULD learn to fly! That way you could really get around!

Love
Ron & Betty

Mike Nickell and Cynthia Johnson said...

Oh Betty...YOU ARE RIGHT! I should learn how to fly then we could zip down to Salem now and then. It's good to hear from you and Ron!

Steve Cotton said...

Go for the skydiving. I did.