Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Night in Laredo, TX

Yee-haw. All these months of planning are finally coming to fruition!

We rolled into Laredo at about 3:00 today and accomplished the following:
1. Purchased Mexican auto insurance.
2. Cancelled our US auto insurance.
3. Got the oil and air filter changed in the truck.
4. Did our laundry from the past 8 days.
5. Tried to find a car wash, but settled with wiping down the interior.
6. Went out to dinner in a nice restaurant and brought Sitka Mike's leftover ribeye steak.

Reflections from our travel from Seattle to Laredo:
1. I am so proud to be an American and that will never change - no matter where I live.
2. People are inherently kind to one another. A smile and a thank you (in any language) goes a long way. The Golden Rule lives on.
3. It is FREAKING HOT in the southwest US.
4. I now consider myself an amateur "truck driver." Who would have thunk? But I can back that truck and trailer into any spot. And with confidence! (Although I still do not understand why I have to turn the steering wheel the opposite way I want the trailer to go!)


5. Sitka is the best traveling doggie I could have ever hoped for. And as you can see she is very comfortable when we stop for the day.
6. I love Mike more than I ever thought I could!

No comments: