Monday, March 17, 2008

!Happy St. Paddy's Day from Mexico City!

We made it to Mexico City Sunday afternoon! And so far so good.

Except that we don’t have internet access in our hotel so I haven’t been able to use my laptop. But I found an internet café from which I am posting this message.

And I inadvertently erased a phone message from a Windermere real estate agent that wanted to show our house – I erased it after I wrote down the WRONG number to call him back. And for some reason my cell phone didn’t capture his phone number in my log. Soooo ïf anyone knows “Tom” from Windermere, please tell him to call me back! HA

The managers (a married couple, Rosa and Fernando) of the TESOL school picked us up from the airport and took us out for chips and lemonade before dropping us at our hotel. And this morning they came and got us, took us out to breakfast, and then we went to the school. They interviewed us together and provided a good amount of information regarding both the school, their expectations, and Mexico City. Another teacher (he is also the Mexico City branch manager) then met with us too.

All of them want us to come to work for them! And from what we’ve seen so far we like it. The weather is nice, not hot and humid, and I really like that. The city is HUGE and the traffic is FAST. The people are nice, but we really need to learn more Spanish ASAP!!!

Tomorrow we’ll take a taxi (that should be interesting) to the school to observe the branch manager/teacher teach a class. And then he is going to take us around the city a bit. We are in the “South” section of the city for any of you that are familiar with Mexico City.

!Adios for now, mi amigos!

No comments: